Thursday, November 30, 2006

Firefox and the stretchy screen

So, I recently switched my default browser to Firefox (from the much-maligned IE), and I have to say, it's been nothing but fun and games since then.

I like the tab features, so that's good.

I also like the speed, so that's cool too.

But WHAT IS UP WITH THE STRETCHY SCREEN?

When I go into Blogger, sometimes the "edit" button is reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly long. Sometimes when I go into Haloscan to engage in witty repartee with those who dare to comment, the "edit" link there is allthewayofftooneside and is often covered up by an ad, which makes engaging in the aforementioned witty repartee very difficult indeed. When I try to e-mail some of y'all in response to one of your comments, the e-mail doesn't wrap if I copy and paste from YOUR e-mail.

My question is: why?

Why does Firefox hate me?

Also, why does Firefox regularly tell me that it can't find sites like, oh, the HOME PAGE or GOOGLE? Why does it make me nervous this way?

Firefox, baby, I LOVE you, because you are sleek and cool and all the in kids use you, but if you don't treat me a little better I'm going to have to start up with the nerdy kid I left for you, because at least IE was stable, steadfast, and, even if it was a little slow sometimes, it always gave me good screen.

=======================

Tomorrow, a story. Monday, a story. Next Wednesday, YOUR story is due for Wordsmiths.

(please don't perceive that as a threat - I just really want to read all about your favorite childhood toy and the things you said to one another!)

=======================

That's it for today. Y'all have a good one and I'll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments: