Sometimes, I get to feeling way too chipper about life and stuff, so have to bring myself back down to reality by dwelling on stuff that I simply don't care for. Not that I HATE these things, for hate is too strong a word (and, frankly, is one of those things I don't care for), these are just some things that if I never had to deal with them again it'd be fine by me.
- Mis-use of 'less than' when 'fewer than' is correct.
- The gunk that gets caught in the kitchen sink drain.
- Bunched-up socks (because of this I rarely wear socks anymore).
- Liquor in my coffee. Irish coffee? A little Bailey's? Some peppermint schnapps in there? Ptoooey!
- Waking up too early on weekends.
- Dry eyes.
- Food that grows in your mouth the more you chew it.
- Yappy dogs.
- Ingrates who do not return their shopping carts to the buggy corral.
This list is of course not exhaustive, but certainly does capture what rises to the top of my 'meh-o-meter' at the moment. I could add 'inconsistent use of punctuation' on the list, or 'too salty food' or 'willful ignorance' to the list, but perhaps another day.
Note I mentioned drama in the list. Not 'dramas,' which are very different and can be enjoyable especially if they are set sometime back in history or maybe the distant future. No, I'm talking about DRAMA, the manufactured sort that seems to keep some people's clock ticking and without which they might just not have a reason to breathe shallowly and rapidly, ever again.
You can just leave that shit at the door if you're going to walk into my house. Got no time to spend on manufactured angst. World's got enough to deal with without all that mess.
While I'd ask readers of this post to comment on things they don't care for, there aren't many readers left so won't obligate the few of you who do idle by here to contribute. But if you want to, hey - you know what to do.