Monday, January 04, 2021

Happy 2021 y'all!

 I'm still here.  Still a work-at-home corporate denizen pounding the keyboard for a day's pay.  WITH NO COMPLAINTS.  After the absolute shitshow that was 2020 for a lot of people, I really need to keep my mouth shut about getting to work at home full time and the bennies that come with company employment.

Like, healthcare, which meant that in 2020, through all the excitement of cancer therapy and a random appendectomy (plus other joys) we didn't go broke paying for healthcare.  I wish that was true for everyone.

My fingernails, which all fell off thanks to chemotherapy, have grown back into frigging DAGGERS that I think I'm going to have to buy a tiny hacksaw to trim.  They're ridiculous, and they're still growing.  They click when I type.  Not sure how I feel about that.  They do look pretty all manicured, so that's new.

Also, Christmas lights from some folks near us who really do it up near us.

It's 'dry January' for me, because why not?  If amazing things happen it might be a Thing to carry forward longer.  As if that would be a bad idea.

And, probably most importantly, VACCINE. Thank God.

Tiff out.

No comments: