Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Secrets told and not

Oh, where to begin, where to begin?
.
Let's begin with a question - do any of you keep a secret blog? Do you write under an assumed name, or at least one that is unknown to the majority of the people that come to your primary site, or do you just have out with it and create something under your regular secret name? If you do have a nother blog, is it by membership only? How do you get someone to want to be a member?
.
If you do, why do you?
.
Another question - if you DON'T have another blog, into which you write all the things not fit or your "regular" blog, do you have an outlet someplace else that fills the need to give time to another voice, another view, another personality?
.
I know there are folks with many many blogs, and wonder what propels them into keeping more than one. Some folks have a poetry blog, or a medical blog, or blog that holds all their long-winded bits and pieces, or a blog that explores a political bent that might not be appropriate on their "primary" blog.
.
Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog.....
.
How do they find the time?
.
If you do, how do YOU?
.
========================
So, the closing on our new house is supposed to be tomorow, but our attorney doesn't have the papers from the mortgage company yet, thereby severely decreasing the chances that there will, indeed, be a closing tomorrow. He also doesn't have proof that we will have insurance on the house yet, which, coincidentally, should have come from the same mortagage company, thereby decreasing our already slim chances at a closing tomorrow to almost nil.
.
In addition, during this process, we also have had to chase our real estate people around to get them to do their jobs and have had to liase with the mortage people and exhort them to do their jobs more than once, or to clarify something we've already told them, or to provide extra bits and pieces of information to them so that we can expend with a huge chunk of our cash.
.
You know, this buying of the house thing is a royal pain in the ass. We thought it was all going so well (believing that "no news is good news"), but once again reality bites, hard, right in the nether bits.
.
My husband offers that plunging a fork into one's eyes is more fun than buying a house.
.
I'm inclined to believe him.
.
========================
.
Oh, and sorry that this isn't very amusing, but because I don't (yet) have a secret blog, y'all just have to listen to me whine right here.
.
And if you're unsatisfied with that, then go here to have a laugh or 2. It's the best I can do right now, y'all, and my apologies for it. Let me know if you see any real jewels....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to sit and drink. One of the worst things to go through is the buying of a house. The other is a garage sale. You did one, I did the other.

tiff said...

I hear that!

mr. schprock said...

My wife and I have bought property and refinanced said property more times than I care to count. On the last refinancing, I didn't find out what the amount of the certified check should be until one hour before the closing. I was expecting it to be around 8 grand, but it turned out to be 15 grand, a sum which we really didn't have, yet technically did. I nearly blew out an aorta that day.

But everything will go well for you. These things only happen to me.

tiff said...

Mr S - You are to be admired. The less I have to do these things, the happier I am.

We STILL don't know how much we're supposed to bring to the closing - it had to be moved back 3 hours to get our s--t together.

Wish us luck!

rennratt said...

Buying a home is a nightmare. We are planning to move in a year or so - and I am already a nervous wreck!

No super secret blog here. I have a hard enough time with writers block as it is...

I don't have any hard and fast rules regarding subject matter. Most people who know me ALREADY know that I have an opinion on everything.

None of my co-workers know that I blog, but, thanks to Chachi, my FAMILY does. My sister is the only one who reads it, though.

Chelle said...

I have a poetry blog. It's supposed to motivate me to write poetry, cause that's all there is. Alas - I've been cheating and put past poems up (you can tell by the date on the bottom of the post). Not a secret - there is a link to it on my page.

Can't think to do a secret blog. Not enough time.

Suzanne said...

I've often wished I had a secret blog. Sometimes I feel like venting in what would probably be an ugly manner about someone who reads my regular one.

But I'm too lazy.
Or too busy.
And it's probably better to just let those ugly feelings go instead of cementing them in words.

Good luck with the house buying!
Moving sucks.

Suzanne