Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Labs and sticks and clicks

 

Pick your fave, the nurse will give you what you need regardless.

 Today was 'port flush' day.  (If you are squeamish, do not watch this video, but it's a darned good representation of what happens.)

What is 'port flush day,' you ask?  Well, it's when a nice nurse who is trained in accessing chemo ports STABS you with a needle right in the PORT, sucks blood from your body to send to the laboratory to test if you've been naughty or nice, then pumps in 10 mL of saline followed by 10 mL of a heparin solution to ensure that your port doesn't clot up (EWWWWW) before it needs to be either accessed or flushed again.

All this falderal for a piece of equipment that I likely don't need anymore.

But might.

Need one more stable CT scan to ensure it's OK to take out the port and get on with my life.

By October we will know more.

Healing takes time.  Like, a lifetime, it now seems.

---

I let another lady feel my boobs today.  I'm not experimenting with a new and enhanced sexuality, it's just that my oncology nurse wanted to see how the gals are healing after the radiation and needed to be sure that things are progressing as they should.

They are.

---

In not-cancer-related business, the giant submission I've been working on for the past forever is nearing dispatch, which only means one thing: CLICKING.

Clicky the linkies, all day long.  QC those links, being sure they hit the right target so that folks using this submission can jump right to wherever you intend them to go.

There are a LOT of links in a submission.

I am done clicking.  The end is near.

---

That's about it for now.  I woke up at 1 a.m. today realizing I'd forgotten to do a thing for some colleagues in the UK, so was at work at 1:10 doing the things I needed to do before falling back into bed to fitfully dream, as I'm wont to do when re-sleeping.

This is a drain on my creativity, as you might imagine, so you get a mere compilation of the day's activities, for what it's worth.

Tiff out.

4 comments:

Anne Athema said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Recco said...

That sounds lovely. LOL! I’m so glad you’re healing. Sending prayers up and good vibes eastward to you

kenju said...

I do hope the port can be removed soon. I imagine it's a literal pain in the (wherever.)

Glad to hear that the exam was positive....lol

Jules said...

Hi thanks for postiing this