Saturday, August 15, 2020

Flash floods and shopping

 

If you shout loud enough, the waters recede.  Try it yourself!

I don't know.  It just seems like blogging is the best thing to do right now while we're all STILLLLLL cooped up and distancing and suchlike.  Getting together to chat is a thing of the past and perhaps future, but not the now, and going to work merely means turning on the computer in maybe a different room than where you sleep (not my reality, but some folks have what's called an 'extra room'), and forget movies and going out to eat and live music and wah wah wah.

We have to do SOMETHING.  Knit, paint, garden, bake, whine, write, read, bike, hike, wander, cook, dance, learn, SOMETHING.

So, I'm blogging again.  There are only so many hours a day one can absorb information before the need to create begins to niggle at a small corner of the brain, begging to be let out into the light and risk suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, so as to die another day and paint the kettle black.

Or is that perhaps my own desire to create, to scream into the void, to wrap a piece of time around an ineffable void and call it 'art' that burbles to the surface?

This is my brain on quarantine.

I also just used the work 'ineffable' correctly.  Had to look it up to be sure.

---

 I have had a stye in my right eyelid for way too long now.  Started about the time my eyelashes started to grow back.  I am tired of it and will seek a remedy from a professional this week.  This is information you need to know.

---

There were flash flood warnings today, as half the known universe dropped all its water on our town.  We are under approximately 60 feet of water right now and I am writing this from the back of a blue whale that kindly let us ride along.  

It's only difficult when she dives.

FYI - I can hold my breath for 13 minutes now.

---

Only the flash flood thing is true.  The rest is a downright LIE.

This is true though: We shopped today.

Next week we start a vacation and so it's clear that what we needed to do today was to stock up on food that we might need to freeze and then bring with us because nothing says 'mountain vacation' like a van full of perishables.

$200 of purchase later and the lasagna is already done, there's chili planned for tomorrow, we will smoke a pork tenderloin this week, and I have had to give a hard stare to someone who thought out loud that bringing along our favorite cooking implements was a fabulous idea.

This will not happen.  The cooking implements stay home.  With the cats.  The dog is coming with us.

Tiff out.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Here's to blogging being a thing again.