Friday, November 09, 2007

I'm thinking about moving

This is another disjointed post, because there is still much to do at work, and not enough time to do it. I was up at 4:45 this morning trying to finish off some stuff to send back out for review in order to get a document done by this morning so the client could file it and get their stuff done on time, but come to find out that the client now has changes that they need to wait for from someone else, and so Monday is the new deadline.

Sure coulda used that extra 90 minutes' sleep. Or used that time spent on something else, like the two new projects, the archiving, the training of folks who are replacing me, the cleaning out of my office, the paying of bills, etc.

Instead, I'm posting. Priorities, people!

===========================

I love me some Sitemeter, I really do. Sitemeter is a gift, an addiction, a curse, and a hobby.

It tells me who's coming in from where, how long they stay, where they go from here, and if they come back. It tells me where they LIVE, for Pete's sake, and what Internet provider they work for, what system they're using!

It also tells me that more people come to NAY on WEDNESDAY than any other day of the week.

Wednesday? HUMP day? The traffic in Fridays stinks, and Fridays have historically been the day into which I actually pour some effort! Fridays are headline days! There's an actual attempt at humor! Gah!

This tells me something else. Well, maybe TWO things. Number 1 would be that nobody cares about Friday headlines (and really, why should they?). Number 2 would be that lots of people come here to read on Wednesdays ONLY.

Which leads me to a tiny conundrum: do I continue to do headlines, becaus they're kinda fun and I love me some snark and sometimes think I'm the funniest person evar, but do them on Wednesday; or, do I stop doing headlines altogether? One option would have me putting MORE time and effort into a post, because it would be going out to more people (that crazy Wednesday crowd!) which means that I would need to make my output funnier (or, just funny); the other option would see me canning that particular brand of post altogether.

I just don't know which one is the right side of the fence to fall over.

============================

In case you're curious - a LOT of people are still looking for pictures of Lucille Ball, and they wind up at this site as a result. I continue to be amazed.

Oh, and Beefeater pics are big too.

============================

Ladies, how in the heck do you keep purses from sliding off your shoulders? I have one purse. ONE. I don't like it, because it doesn't stay on my shoulder.

This is why I carry the world's ugliest bright pink backpack with me almost everywhere. It fits stuff, and it doesn't slide off.

Still, I'd like to know how y'all manage to keep shoulder-strap purses from sliding off the shoulder they were designed to hang onto. Am I missing some crucial part of purse-preparedness? Is there purse tape, much like (I've just found out) there' s "boob tape"? If so, where do I get it? Does it stain my clothing? How much does it cost? How much do you use?

Clearly, there are stunning gaps in my girliness. Shoulder purse protocol is one of them.

============================

Yes, I just said boob tape.

============================

That's the thought I'm leaving you with today, and throughout the weekend. May your days be merry and bright, and I'll see you back here Monday. Remember, even though Monday is a day off for some of us, Veteran's Day is Sunday. A salute to all our veterans is in order - so find one and say thanks!

No comments: