Friday, November 16, 2007

Dayum!

Day go by fast. Zoom! Go day, go! Run run run!

=======================

Holy smokes, folks. No post yesterday, a late one today, what wrong with me?

I know what's wrong - it's this damned work. The announcement that I was leaving my current job was responded to by my boss with "OK, but can you do these two projects before you go?"

Of course I said yes.

Yep - those
two projects on top of two I was already working on, on top of transitioning responsibilities for a metric assload more projects to four other people, on top of wondering when in earth I was going to do all the administrative stuff I've never done all along, has made these past couple of weeks very interesting ones.

I truly have never been as busy in this job as I have been for the last 8 days. You know what's really weird? I LIKE it. I like being busy. I like the panic that comes with just-a-little-too-much to do, the push toward
daily productivity, the press of responsibility and the feeling of accomplishment when something gets finished.

Hi, I'm Tiff, and I'm a stress puppy.

Shameful, really, that the overwhelming natural urge toward complete
slackerdom can be overridden so easily by the lure of the "white hot monkey rush." Clearly, I can't commit to being one or the other type of person, oh no. It's important for me to be able to swing back and forth between the two extremes! Why pick a persona and stick with it? How boring. I'd much rather be surprised at who jumps up to take the reins on any given day....

When you learn that one of the voices in my head isn't even a GIRL, I guess you can begin to understand why I have such trouble with consistency in outlook.

All those voices though will make for some spectacular turkey day company. They're great guests, they mostly all get along, and I don't even need to set out the good china or, quite frankly, an extra place setting for them. They get full when I do, and take turns talking.
Heh - if it was just me and them I'd be pretty happy, I guess.

But I have a whole lot more to be thankful for this year than just being able to
wrassle the voices into order. A roof over my head, a new better-paying job, wonderful friends, peace of mind, healthy children, loving family, and all the other accouterments that I could ask for, which are quite possibly more than I deserve.

Like my new
teevee.

Oh,
yes I did.

That Thanksgiving Day parade is going to look so freaking SWEET on my new 32" flat-panel HDTV with SURROUND SOUND.

==================================

I love Weezer. Just thought y'all would like to know that.

==================================

Best wishes for a terrific weekend! I'm out.

No comments: