Friday, May 04, 2007

I had a post here.


And then I deleted it.

On purpose.

It was another of the "things about me that you don't know and probably wouldn't like but would admit to being like in the comments anyhow because we all are like that from time to time and isn't it good to get that off your chest and out of the way now where's the funny, dammit" kinds of posts, and I just didn't feel like finishing it.

That kind of crap what secret blogs are for.

Don't even tell me you don't have one. If not, why on earth NOT? Holy smokes, the stuff I put in mine would singe your eyebrows if you read too much of it, 'cuz I'm sure that what I put in there would make you shoot flames out yer nose at some point or another. It's tremendously liberating to have one; you should try it.

I also keep a paper journal, into which I put stuff the nobody, not even the random drive-by blog reader, would want to see. I plan to have them all burned when I die.


One thing I do NOT do is keep a list of possible blog posts. I know, I know, I'm sure you think that I carefully plan out my week of posting so as to give you a taste of humor, insight into my life, pathos, more humor, and maybe some real honest-to-gosh WRITING, but the sad fact is that I don't know what I'm going to write until I sit down and start writing.

I am NOT a storyteller, and I accept that. I'm more a "reactor," and if this is my lot in life, then so be it.

Question though, because I'm thinking of changing my wicked ways: Do y'all plan your posts? Do you start off all topical and listy and plantastic and then go from there, crafting the apices and nadirs of your writing week so as to leave your readers wanting more, ever MORE? If you do, I'm in awe. I don't have that much foresight or focus, but I'm thinking of getting me a list going anyhow of stuff I could write about if the mood struck.

Is it a good idea, do you think? If so, what would you like to see MORE of here at Casa Tiff?
Incidentally, by asking for your opinion I'm not saying you'll GET what you ask for, but I would consider adding some arrows to the quiver, if ya know what I mean.


Oh, and I bought a house today.


And "Ants Marching" is running a continuous loop in my head. I may have to get up and bust a move in my office just to shake it out.

No comments: