Friday, April 30, 2010

Someone needs new glasses

Today, at the local Stop n' Go--

Cashier: I'm going to need to see your identification
Tiff: Really?
C: Yes, anyone who looks like they're under 40 we card them.
T (silently) Bwuahahahaaa!!!
T: uh, OK, here ya go
C: .............(inputting data)
T: I'll be 48 in a month, so thanks.
C: You really don't look 40. At all.
T (silently): RAWK!!
---

Needless to say, I'll be patronizing THAT establishment again.

---

One wonders though, is it the cashier's perception of what 40 should look like is a little skewed, or me looking less than 40?

My crow's feet, double chin, jowls, and under-eye circles would indicate the former, but I'm holding out hope that the latter is partially to blame for this happy accident.

Anyhow, here's hoping y'all are having a lovely day and that your weekend has much joy and wonder in store. I'm playing the part of groupie tonight for Biff's band, which is always fun, and then perhaps again tomorrow night as his band is gaining in popularity like mad lately and so the dates are piling up.

Which, of course, is a good time for their lead singer to quit. Gah!!!

Anybody know someone who sounds just like Geddy Lee that lives in the Triangle, plays rhythm guitar, and wants to sing with an established band? Anybody?

Bueller?

No comments: