Friday, September 25, 2009

One door closes...

This week has been one long-ass meeting after another, with 'breakout sessions' and 'idea bouncing' and 'punch list checking' and the like as we worked to get a package of info together for sumitting to the regulatroy agencies.

Now listen, y'all...when I say 'package,' I'm not talking about a cute ll' box you can jauntily tuck under one arm while window shopping the fall diesplays at Saks, oh no. I'm talking PACKAGE, as in if all the pages of this things were printed out (So.Many.Words!) it would probably fill the inside of a UPS truck. At least!

We gotsa big ol' package fo ya, right HEEEEERE.

So, this week, the big 'wrap up' week for this project as we move to finalization, involved a lot of moving parts to pin down, many many fine detials to corroborate, a few new ideas to input, and a long list of 'to-do's that, somehow, magickally, astoundingly, got done, at long last, today.

DONE!!

It's enough to make me tear up a little.

See, since the beginning of the year this project has loomed over my work day, occupying much space on the ol' whiteboard, demanding careful tracking and synchronizing of vendors and outputs, reveiws and new analyses, at times there was so much activity that my head was spinning and I simply wanted to crawl under my desk and hide.

But now? After all the hours spent, the anxiety produced,the teeth ground? It's frigging done.

DONE.

I should be dancing in the hallways, but, you see, my relief is to be short-lived, because at 2 p.m. I am attending a kick-off meeting for.....a project just like the one that's now DONE.

The past hour? The one where I didn't HAVE a huge project to work on? Has been one of the finest I've had at work in many a long time.

*sigh*

---------------------

Since July I've been reading "Wicked."

Finished it last night. My review is as follows:

It's amazing.

Biff is reading it too, and he agrees that while some of the passages are best read twice to fully tease out what's being said, overall it's a compelling read that takes Frank Baum's original tale of Oz and turns it totally on its head,. I was utterly captivated by this book, and didn't skip a WORD of it, which is a rarity for me.

There's every chance I'll read it agaian very soon. I suspect there are many things I missed, or didn't understand, the first time around.

Don't you just love finding great new reads?

Now it's back to feeding my Terry Pratchett addiction. I only have about 500 of those to go before I've read 'em all through once. ;)

-----------------------

Wel, it's time to go find out what fresh hell awaits me in this guts of this new project.

Yay.

Y'all have a wonderul weekend, or at least what passes for modestly enjoyable. Declare a 'no moping' zone at your house, and rock on!

No comments: