Monday, February 02, 2009

Oh right

Just the day I want to do a simple little picture post that y'all can caption, and all I get on the Blogger interface page is a white screen that 15 years ago would have been the very latest thing in world-wide webbery, but today looks laughably preschoolish.

Predictably, this primitive page prohibitis picture posting, posing potential problems with pissery.

So, you'll just have to figure out something else to do with the time you carved out to write up a hilarious caption about a guy with half a beard.

===============================

The topic of the time people spend on the internet per day came up in dinner conversation that other night. One person in our party was concerned that someone else spends 4-5 hours a day on WWW-dom, to which I had to admit that I could (and do) easily spend that much time on the internet per day.

I'm not even talking about useful time either, like that time spent reading blogs and Facebook and looking up recipes and the name of that kid you had a crush on in 6th grade (hi Phillip Grifano!) - I'm talking about strictly wasting TIME. One session of YouTube fishing takes at least that long if you're going to find anything useful, doesn't it? The perfect 'Talking cat' video just doesn't find itself, you know!

But, perhaps I am wrong in my assumption that everyone else spends about that much time. Is 4 hours too much, particularly if you're not obliged to be at a job 8+ hours a day?

Well, IS IT?

No comments: