Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just don't ask

Today, I hate my job. It's just one of those days.

The issue, yet again, is that somehow I need to learn to do that thing I never do in my job that always gets me in trouble. You'd think after iteration nine brazilian that I'd get the message, but no....



Anybody else ready to just pitch it and go find something else to do with the rest of their lives? If you asked me that question (and so I will pretend to be you for a moment so I can ask myself that question, because I really want to answer it), I'd say that I'm thinking about something with sheep and rabbits and fabric dyeing and herb gardening, and flower drying and perhaps a touch of soap making thrown in for good measure.

I'm tired of not knowing where the sun is in its daily arc, you know?

I'm tired of being able to wear the same daggone clothes to work every day of the year, because offices are ALWAYS 72 degrees and "conditioned" and the SAME, no matter if it's raining or snowing or sunning or Armaggedoning outdoors. I'm tired of that.

I want to get hot at work. I want to feel muscles work. I want to feel PRODUCTIVE and careful and creative at work. I want to truly truly believe that what I'm doing is helpful, deliberate, considered, aware, and useful.

Hey - I'll be the first to say that the job I have now is good. It's better than good, and lots of people would like to have this job I have. I do not complain about the job, I complain about my current attitude toward it.

Anybody else having a day like that? If so, and if you had your druthers, to what new area would you change careers? I need a few good ideas!

No comments: