Sunday, April 15, 2007

A double shot of righteous ire, please

Mmmkay. It's Sunday night. I'm back from my road trip. Hooray! It was fun!!

It started to rain early this morning. JUST the kind of weather one loves to drive in, doesn't one? Yes?

No.

...........Moving on then.

The clouds parted, FINALLY, right as I got home (5+ hours later), and by "parted" I mean that it stopped RAINING at last and so I thought it was time to do a little laundry, just because I wanted to be "on top of things" and "prepared for school to start tomorrow."

FYI - The laundry room at this apartment complex is four buildings away.

Three guesses as to when it started to POUR puppy dogs and angry concierges.

First two don't count.

If you're particularly dense, or just don't care to play along, I'll give you a little hint.

It started to rain TWO SECONDS after I walked out of the laundry room.

Ahem. Mother Nature? So very not funny ha-ha.


A half an hour later, as my clean clothes are spinning to a gentle halt in the loving embrace of The Agitator (a wonderful honorific if ever there was one), it is coming down in buckets and bowlsful. Bowls the size of troughs, or bathtubs. I am going to get wuh-wuh-wuh-wet on my way over the collect my newly clean washing.

Newsflash: I am NOT drying it. What's the point?

Perhaps my smoking-hot irritation will keep me dry as I trudge over there to collect my Spingtime Scented togs. Though, from the sound of it, I'm guessing that only a tarp would keep me anywhere near dry. It's really coming down out thar!

I've just decided: I'm DRIVING to the laundry room; three-dollar-a-gallon gas prices be jiggered. You hear that, Mother Nature? Huh? Just TRY to get me now!

Mwuahahahahaaaaaa!!!

No comments: