Sunday, December 11, 2005

To a Wanderer (long time gone)

Written a long time ago. Had the dust blown off recently and is having a bit of an airing here.

=====================================

Here's hoping that in whatever shape this finds you, you're doing fine
Here's to you and whatever you are, and to wherever your path takes you next
Here's to wishing I hadn't been such an ass and hadn't believed that whatever came to pass you'd always be able to be a friend and not run from the shadow of real life that tried to sew itself to your shoes.
But because I know you I am therefore not surprised by this turn of events.

Here's wishing that you haven't escaped the reality of the people who really love you, to whom you really mean something.
I know I'm nothing but a shadow easily disposed of, a bit of smoke and sweat, a momentary lapse.
If nothing more, that's fine.

But still, I wonder, to where will you run next?

I wonder, and hope that this time your path is straight and true and leads to the door of the place you'll finally call home.

Goodbye.

No comments: