Thursday, March 19, 2020

Chemo's over. Done with. I hope I never have to go back.

The magical unicorn stage has been reached!  Pretty soon that ol' port can come out!

Dose #6 happened today.

The. Last. One.

The last PLANNED one,  I should say, because never say never when it comes to that rat bastard cancer.  That's a bet you shouldn't hedge.

So yup - last one.  The process went well, as usual, with supportive nurses and The Comfy Chair (I never did use the massage function), and Biff the Bagel-Getter.  We were lucky, today is the last day they're allowing visitors in the ward.  Tomorrow I would have been without a delicious breakfast bagel unless I went before the appointment!

After I was unhooked from the machine and was getting ready to go, all the nurses came over with noisemakers and harmonicas and shout-sang 'For She's a Jolly Good Fellow!' with gusto, right at me, then gave ma graduation certificate and a bag full of what I think is Aveda body lotions and stuff that volunteers make to hand out to us graduates.  Pretty neat, and I apologize to anyone on the ward who was trying to catch a few winks as I was leaving.  I hope it's your turn to be feted really soon.

So, yeah.  Done.

Pretty happy about that.

Now comes radiation, so we're only done with stage 1 of treatment.  But still, chemo's done.  That's huge.

Tiff out.

1 comment:

vfh159 said...

Congratulations! Be well.