Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Time to hypersalivate!

What to do with condensed milk.
Not too long ago Biff and I went to the Sam's club to pick up 4 (FOUR!) items.

We left with a cart full of stuff, and still needing to get 2 (TWO!) items that the Sam's didn't have in stock.  That's just how things go, right?

For some reason I have yet to figure out, Biff plopped a 6-pack of sweetened condensed milk in the cart.  I think he said 'it's a good thing to have on hand' or some other shady thing, but I'm not sure there's ever a really good defense for picking up that much sweetened condensed milk.  Y'all let me know if I'm wrong.

Of course, now that the stuff was in the house I needed to find something to DO with it, to associate some value with it.  Thus,  I went recipe shopping, and the internet did not disappoint.  Behold, I bring you a pound cake recipe ripped directly off from the Eagle Brand website, only with a process order that makes sense instead of what you'll find here.  It's my opinion that recipes should start with mixing up ingredients before jumping directly into the baking stage, but maybe that's just me.

Tiny House Pound Cake


  • 2 cups softened butter
  • 6 eggs at room temperature
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (15 oz)
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • cooking spray


Preheat oven to 325F

Coat tube pan/Bundt pan/Fluted fancy tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour


  1. Beat butter until fluffy
  2. Blend in sugar and eggs, beating after each egg and scraping down bowl
  3. Blend on high for 3 minutes and incorporating/scraping
  4. Mix in milk, vanilla, and almond extract
  5. Mix in flour and salt, blend on medium for a minute.
  6. Spread in pan (batter is really thick) and bake for 90 to 95 minutes.


Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then for an hour after taking it out of the pan.  It's OK to pick off some of the crispy crust if you have too, but don't go overboard because other people might want some.

And there you go - a dense ring of calories that carry all the shame and regret you can muster in a delicious coating of decadence.

---

It's March, so that means the lawn guys are back out, blowin' and mowin'.  Rather akin to spotting the first robin of Spring, that.  It IS sunny and in the high 60's, and I am in the South, so this is not an entirely unexpected turn of seasonal events.

What's it like in YOUR neighborhood today?

With that, I take my leave.  Someone at work is expecting something from me, and I must deliver or perish!

Tiff out.

No comments: