Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yahoo thinks I live in Philadelphia

The 'local news' feature in Yahoo is a little confused, as today it's offering up news from the greater Philly area. A couple of weeks ago it thought I was in San Jose, California, and before that I was clearly sitting in the vicinity of Miami.

Ah, the great 'server shift' of 2010 is on. As a result of our little company getting bought out by a much larger one, 'things' are going on behind the scenes that affect where the Hivemind at Yahoo thinks I am. Rather cat-and-mousey of me to notice, don't you think?

Yep - Even while I sit in the same cubicle day after day, my address is going global. It's only a matter of time before I'm getting the latest from the Bangalore Bugle or possibly the Shanghai Daily News, which will suck because I pretty much can't read anything but English, and then I'll be horribly uninformed, and I will blame the Powers That Be for my dunceyness and inability to hold a conversation at cocktail parties.

And that is my plan.

--

Had some novocaine this morning for the first time in forever. Can't say as I care for it all that much. The absence of sensation is rather remarkable, and not a little disturbing. And, while I am getting some sensation back into my lower lip and tongue, progress isn't nearly fast enough to suit my tastes.

Let's just hope I don't chew off a hunk of cheek or bite the side of my tongue off, because that would be messy and, eventually, quite painful.

All this unsensationalism is because I apparently grind my teeth like it's my job while I'm sleeping, and wound up breaking a chunk off tooth 18 a while back. The defect was filled, I bit it off, was filled again, and I ground that one to a powder as well a month or so ago, which meant yet another trip to the DDS for yet another grind n' fill.

*sigh*

If I keep it up, at this rate I should be essentially toothless, like and old Eskimo woman, by the time I'm 60.

I wonder if a little Botox to the masseter would help, or if it would just turn me into a drooling hang-jawed mess, reduced to sipping my meals and wearing a slobber bib?

--

This one's quick, because I have a meeting to go to in a few minutes, but I wanted to say 'hey' and to fill you in on the Thrilling Life I Have.

Oh yeah.

No comments: