Thursday, August 27, 2009

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

I called a meeting for today with various players in a process over which I have no authority in order for them to tell me what it is I and the other people in my group are supposed to be doing within their process, because we keep getting calls to contribute to the process and don't know what it is we need to do.

Turns out? The folks who OWN the process (and its subsequent output) don't know what they're supposed to be doing either, and as a result the product they were turning out has been full of holes.

Giant, gaping holes.

Nice to know.

Also nice to know that as a result of this meeting today, the process is going to be re-defined, roles and responsibilites are going to be elucidated for each of the dozen or so moving parts that make up the final product, and proper prep work is going to be undertaken each time the process needs to happen so that what we wind up providing to the regulators is in fact what it ought to be and not a pale shadow full of hopes and dreams.

Man, I LOVE it when something I've done turns out to be the right thing to do.

Now, excuse me while I break both arms patting myself vigorously on the back.

----------------------------------------

Just so you know, I still suck at running. I shall not let it beat me though, because as JC so sagely counseled the other night: "you KNOW you're capable of doing hard things."

Yes, yes I am. It's just that some outings are harder than others. Sometimes I can barely jog a half mile before my body says 'walk.' That bodily orneriness won't stop me from doing the whole almost-2-mile loop though, because walking is good exercise too, right? It's not 'sweaty oh my God I'm going to cough up a lung calf crampy' exercise, but I have it on good authority (Hi Family Circle!) that walking is every but as good for you as jogging.

Without all the high impactedness too! So there.

Even so, there's something about getting all sweaty that's oddly alluring, and thus while jogging may give up on me, I will not give up on it. Even though I suck at it and sometimes curse the day legs were invented.

--------------------------------------

What are YOUR love/hate relationships? Do tell us all about it, won't you?

And have a lovely evening.

No comments: