Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Me and my three-page 'to-do' list are going to have a little talk later

I'm all about the writing of lists lately. The pad of paper I carry around is my surrogate brain, reminding me of the things I need to do, in no particular order.

Normally I'm not much of one for lists, and rely pretty much solely on 1) the whiteboard that takes up a big chunk of all space in the ol' cube-o-doom and 2) my e-mail inbox to keep me up to date, but now? Now I NEED that paper and the FANCY PEN to scribe out all the things I ought to be doing. There are simply too many moving parts in motion at this point in my work life to even begin to pretend I know where they all can possibly be. It's like trying to wrestle an electron cloud, man!

So if I'm a little scarce from the internetly places you'd expect to see me, or if I don't (gasp!) post for a few days, it's probably because I caught a proton to the noggin trying to scribble through some ghastly dull chore.

(I know...electron clouds don't have protons. Just hush)

It's time to go home and dumb the mental chatter with a little of Kentucky's finest. Have a lovely evening.

No comments: