Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A tsunami of posts!

Two yesterday, and one to start off today. Something's happening here, and while I'm not sure it's all that terrific, it's happening. We'll see what comes of it.

========================

DebR has gifted me with the "Roar for Powerful Words" award, and I am thankful. If you've read here before you'll know that I've gotten this award before (Thanks Beth!), but you know what? I'm not against getting it again. It would be like turning down an Oscar. The last time the lion was pink...this time the lion is blue, so I'm building a little award nursery here. How adorable.

It's terrific to be honored like this, really. I'm pleased that people enjoy their time spent here, and that they take away a samll part of my world in the reading. I know that what's contained in this blog is not great literature, it's not high art, it's not anything more than the blurting out of the thoughts and feelings and experiences of one middle-aged woman who from time to time has delusions of grandeur and a tendency to clumsily wield the humor shilaleigh.

So, thanks Deb - you totally made my day.

=====================

Yesterday's schedule went something like this: get kids up for school, drive them there, drive back home, take a nap. Wake up, rush to doctor's appointment, go to Home Depot for fertilizer and flowers, go back home, eat lunch, hang out, do dishes, do laundry, go get Thing 2, go back home to drop him off, go get Thing 1 from school, go back home. Hang out for an hour, supervise homework, take kids to tae kwon do, go back home, plant flowers, get kids from tae kwon do, finish planting flowers, fold laundry, eat dinner, wash dishes, watch the end of Star Wars III, tuck the kids in to bed, and fall asleep on the couch.

Y'all? This being a SAHM is hard freaking WORK.

This morning it was back to normal. I was up at 6 to help Thing 2 finish his homework, fold more laundry, make lunches, get ready for work, take them to school. I thought it went rather well, until 5 minutes after dropping off Thing 1 at school I get a phone call from him: "Mom, I left my green homework binder at home, Could you please get it for me?"

Grumble, grrr.

I thought briefly about making him take the hit for being forgetful, but decided to show mercy and go back home (a 15-minute ride), FIND the binder, go BACK to school, and only then get on the road to work. From the time I got into the car to start the normal morning "thing" until the time I actually GOT to work, 2 hours had elapsed and I'd missed the first half an hour of a telecon. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back, just sitting in the car being responsible.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed, you know?

==========================

Hey - y'all checked out the Wordsmiths pic yet? It's pretty neat. See what you think of it, and maybe get yourself inspired to write something.

==========================

That's it for now. The telecon is ending and it's time to get back to work. But first, of course, a cup of coffeee, maybe a blog read or two, maybe a chat with someone who looks chatworthy, becuase there's no sense plunging HEADLONG into the maelstrom if it's at all avoidable, is there?

No comments: