Sunday, January 22, 2023

Waffle Housing and spoiling the dog.

 

They're what dogs crave!

To get y'all caught up on the weather around here; it was cold, then balmy, then WARM, the cool, and now it's cold and rainy.

I figured you'd want to know.  It's still nothing like winter, and the daffodils continue to push upward and develop bloomy buddies.  We'll see how they do.  They keep coming back, and have done for many years (they were here long before I bought the house) so I suppose they're used to some meteorologic shenanigans and will survive this year too.

Today is for sure just the sort of day made for staying in and lounging.  So of course we didn't.

First item of biz was breakfast.  Sunday is (I believe) the only day of the week that the LOML eats breakfast - every other day there's nothing consumed until after 11 a.m.  The intermittent fasting thing has resulted in about a 25-pound weight loss for him so far, so there's something to that eating plan for sure. 

We drove past a place we know was going to be packed at 10 on a Sunday morning (it was), then we were headed to Panera when I joked that maybe we should just head up to the Waffle House the next town north.  A joke, because I normally won't go there because the weekend host is kind of creepy and that ruins part of the WH experience.  Well, friends, the LOML took me up on it.

There was no host.  Has WH done away with them?  Where's Tom working now?

Nevertheless and once again, in the 100% success string, I had a good meal there. Hashbrowns scattered/smothered/covered and topped = delicious.  Can recommend. Honestly have never had a bad meal at a WH.

Then we made a trip up to the airport to grab some stuff from the hangar, rode around snooping at unfamiliar neighborhoods (so far not tempted to move), then hit up the Tractor Supply for a hitch mount thingie and some dog treats.

Walked out of the TSC with the 5 dollar part and and a receipt for 80 bucks.  That's a LOT of dog treats.

While I'd sit here and read 'Spare' the rest of this afternoon, the LOML has ideas about moving the reno project forward with some indoor organization work to get tools and random stuff out of the way so the flooring can go in (date yet to be determined).  I suppose I shall go along with it.  He DID buy me breakfast.

Tiff out.

No comments: