Chicken Casserole, Tiny House style:
3 boneless/skinless chicken boobies, cut in bite-sized chunks
1 onion, diced
3 cups of broccoli, diced
2 cans fat-free cream of ‘whatever’ soup (I used celery, but chicken or mushroom would work fine. Cater to your own phobias on this one, y’all).
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
½ cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup grated cheese
½ cup grated parmesan
Various herbs and spices (I used oregano, basil, salt, and pepper)
1 cup rice
1) Get rice to cookin'
2) Combine soup, milk, sour cream, and grated cheese (not the Parm). Set aside
3) Steam broccoli and drain.
4) Sautee onion until golden brown, add to broccoli.
5) Sautee chicken until almost cooked through, add spices and finish cooking. Add broccoli and onions back to pot to combine.
6) Grease bottom and sides of a large casserole with cooking spray. Layer in the rice, spreading evenly.
7) Layer chicken mixture on top of that, spread soup goo on top of THAT, and finish with a sprinkling of parm.
8) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until things are nice and bubbly, then finish off with a quick turn under the broiler until the Parm is a lovely light brown.
9) Let set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Dudes – YUM. The original recipe called for half and half or light cream as the liquid, didn’t specify fat-free soup, and did not include the grated cheese in the soup mix. Whatever. This tasted awesome, and so I thought I’d share.
Someone should tell me to never try new online games that feature matching blocks/bubbles/jewels in groups of 3 or more, or to attempt any game that involves clicking on groups of similarly colored items to blast them into oblivion while new courses of items come dropping from above at greater and greater speeds.
Because those games? Are like crack to me.
What are YOU addicted to? Is it games? Twitter? Porn? Blogs? Contests? Trivia?
Come on, you KNOW you have an addiction. ‘Fess up about it, won’t you?
And have a great day.