Thursday, July 06, 2006

shameless self-promotion

Yours truly is now participating in the International _____ Day, where every day is a holiday, or should be.
.
Some big fun going on over there. Sweartogawd there is. Check it out. Go on.
.
A further enticement is that today's entry is written by a good friend of this blog, and should be cooed over like the gem that it is.
.
==================
.
DebR! - Congratulations! YOU win the theme competition for the Carnival of the Mundane post that will be issued tomorrow!
.
The title of the entry will be:
.
"Freak Show Junk Mail."
.
As a reward for saving my buttal area from the jaws of defeat, DebR gets her very own copy of my autobiography once it is written, and published, and stuff.
.
Might be a while. Don't hold your breath.
.
==================
.
In other news - I'm still not unpacking. Which, coincidentally, makes moving in kind of hard to do.
.
==================
.
In other other news - you will all be glad to know that it looks like I will be around a while longer. I took the leap and visited the physician this morning, who, after poking and prodding and examining and administering shots and ordering my blood be drawn for examination (no doubt to look for the chemical that makes me beloved by all and hated by none), I was pronounced free of any obvious signs of disease.
.
This is wonderful, I think, because there is a panoply of other minor irritations I have to deal with an a daily basis, and a major blow might knock the good ship Tiff off her moorings and into the deep dark ocean of self-absorption and fear. Tiff is not a vessel built for such stresses, and so it is good that at least for now they're not blowing on a vile wind into her harbor.
.
And that, dear friends, is how to craft a metaphor and then beat it to death, soundly, with the rightly dreaded Big Stick of Bad Writing.
.
==================
.
For all y'all fence-sitters out there - There's still time to submit a post for the carnival. Now that you know that title, don't you want to be a part of it??? See the previous entry for how to join in on the fun, fun, fun.
.
That is all!

5 comments:

Hyperion said...

you should have said you were dying of some mysterious yet sexy disease. Dying people get laid way more.

Oh, and this International Day thing? Sounds like a total crock. I'd watch out if I were you.

tiff said...

hyp - mysterious AND sexy disease? Can't think of one....they all sound bad to me. Getting some isn't worth dying, if you know what I mean.

The international day is fun. Silly, but fun.

Hey - all y'all who try to look at this blog with a Mac? Sorry dudes, it looks like crap. Don't know what to do to help you.

rennratt said...

Glad that all went well at the doctors!

Deb R said...

Yaaayy me! I won't hold my breath, but I will remember for when you're all published and famous and stuff. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww...gee, thanks...(((e-blush))). Looking forward to the Carnival! And so glad things went okay at the doctor!