Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Oh, whar is my fainting couch?

Y'all.
We are supposed to get more snow here tonight.  Third time in a WEEK.  OH, sure, it snows one day and is melted the next, but OH!  Dreadful.
I only half overstate, as it snowed all day yesterday, started really piling up to a massive 2 inches or so.  Funny, but the flakes kept coming but the totals never went as high as it looked like it was supposed to be.  No matter, as the runoff from the roof this morning when temps got back above freezing was pretty impressive.  When I went out for supplies this afternoon it was a chilly 43F, so keep us in your prayers.
It's supposed to snow again tonight.  Between 4 and a million inches.  Forecasts vary, as do enthusiasms.  Kids were out of school nearly all last week, have been out this week, and will likely not return until April, when all threat of snow in the Rockies (the lower elevations) has passed.
We entertain ourselves here as best we can, between storms.  Life can throw some curveballs, but if we can get to the McDonald's for Mint Mocha Chip Frappes at least once a week then everything is OK in our book.
Boy, sure hope this winter is over soon.  I almost had to wear gloves today.

Tiff out.

----

PS - This was originally (2 minutes ago) sent to my family as an overall update of what's going on around the NC regions, and I liked it enough to share with you, mostly people to whom I an NOT, in fact, related.

Everything about this post except the MMCF's at McD's is true.

3 comments:

kenju said...

I share your enthusiasm for cold weather (not) and my dislike of snow and ice is well-known. This winter bites.

LL said...

I so feel your pain. I can only imagine what would happen around here if we got over 2 inches of snow...

BEDLAM!!!!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Hmmm... I have yet to see a day above freezing in oh so long... snow piling up... must... stay... warm... {gasp}