Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Things that I do not care for.

Gross.
Gross.

Sometimes, I get to feeling way too chipper about life and stuff, so have to bring myself back down to reality by dwelling on stuff that I simply don't care for.  Not that I HATE these things, for hate is too strong a word (and, frankly, is one of those things I don't care for), these are just some things that if I never had to deal with them again it'd be fine by me.

- Mis-use of 'less than' when 'fewer than' is correct.

- The gunk that gets caught in the kitchen sink drain.

- Bunched-up socks (because of this I rarely wear socks anymore).

- Liquor in my coffee.  Irish coffee?  A little Bailey's?  Some peppermint schnapps in there?  Ptoooey!

- Waking up too early on weekends.

- Dry eyes.

- Food that grows in your mouth the more you chew it.

- Yappy dogs.

- Ingrates who do not return their shopping carts to the buggy corral.

- DRAMA.

This list is of course not exhaustive, but certainly does capture what rises to the top of my 'meh-o-meter' at the moment.  I could add 'inconsistent use of punctuation' on the list, or 'too salty food' or 'willful ignorance' to the list, but perhaps another day.

---

Note I mentioned drama in the list.  Not 'dramas,' which are very different and can be enjoyable especially if they are set sometime back in history or maybe the distant future.  No, I'm talking about DRAMA, the manufactured sort that seems to keep some people's clock ticking and without which they might just not have a reason to breathe shallowly and rapidly, ever again.  

You can just leave that shit at the door if you're going to walk into my house.  Got no time to spend on manufactured angst.  World's got enough to deal with without all that mess.

---

While I'd ask readers of this post to comment on things they don't care for, there aren't many readers left so won't obligate the few of you who do idle by here to contribute.  But if you want to, hey - you know what to do.

Tiff out.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I could not agree more with the "less" and "fewer" argument. It drives me nuts. I don't care for flavored coffee either.

vfh159 said...

One of mine was triggered first thing this morning by my local news. Prisoners were plainly lying on the floor and not laying on the ground. That one sets my teeth on edge.

Middle Girl said...

I do not like fruity teas.
I do not like, 'no problem' as a response to, 'thank you'.
I do not like folks chewing during phone calls.
I do not like folks answering questions not asked.
I do not like sauerkraut. ;-)
I am with you on the DRAMA!

tiff said...

I am glad I'm not alone, except for the sauerkraut thing (though points for spelling it correctly).

Thanks for taking the time to comment.