Friday, June 05, 2020

Hair we go!

I look like my younger brother in this pic.
For those of you following along at home, my last chemo treatment was on 19 March of this year.

11 weeks ago.

It took several weeks for me to realize that my hair was growing back.  At first I wasn't sure it was going to, but here we are 11 weeks after the last infusion and this is what's going on the scalp region.

Count the cowlicks.  Go ahead, I'll wait.  Hit up those bald spots too while you're at it, and the weird cranial creases.  There's a lot to marvel at that will soon be obscured by re-growth.  Behold!

Before chemo, my hair was NOT this gray/white/whatever.  It was mostly brown.  I might have to get used to a new aesthetic when it grows in, as I don't plan on using hair dye again, ever.

I was in fact leaning sideways in the photo in order to get some light on the subject, which might affect the apparently color scheme, but not by much.  I'm nearly 60, so whatever.  Gray it is.

Hair's growing back all over too, if you get my drift.  Pretty soon I'll have hirsute knuckles again, and bristly shins, and I'm not liking that all that much.  The low-maintenance lifestyle suited me well.

But yeah.  Hair.  Proof I'm healing, from the inside out.

Radiation is still a huge bore and comes with its own set of insults, but only for another couple of weeks.

And we march on.

Tiff out.

3 comments:

kristin said...

That’s going to be a great, cool, funky do for summer! 💔

Middle Girl said...

Looking good!

Renn said...

I am so glad to see that you are on the mend. 💓