Thursday, January 01, 2015

1

ALL THE DAYS!
New Year's Day.  The ultimate fresh start. 

I'm spending it how I'd like to spend the whole year, which is, I think, a tradition.  If not a tradition, then it's something I do year after year, hoping that how I spend this day will reflect how the year will go.  Some years it works better than others, and because I have yet to spend the entire year safely ensconced at home with a bubbling pot of beans on the stove and beams of bright sunlight illuminating just how much I need to dust, I will keep trying this tradition until one glorious day when it comes to pass that the juju worked.  Sometimes wishes do come true.

Tangentially, and yes there is a point, lately there has been some lamenting, on Facebook of all places, the great eater of blogs, regarding how much folks miss blogging and vow to make a return to it this year.  2015, the year of the blog.  Like stepping back a decade, when FB wasn't and we had to make our own fun like in the olden times!  Why, this blog is 9+ years old, and although the posting has slowed to a trickle of late but not shut down completely, I too feel like it's time to turn the taps back on and get a little creativity back into my life.  There's way too much time spent staring blankly as a parade of posts on social media and not enough time thinking of things or writing or experiencing life for real. 

What does this mean then?  Well, the title of this post has something to do with the one resolution that may be difficult to keep but we'll see how far I get.  It's back to the heyday, my friends, with that one resolution to be a post a day (save, perhaps, for weekends) to chronicle this new year.  There is no lack of topics to cover, what with the Things applying to colleges and moving on in their lives, with a possible new job, the professional life in transition, more house stuff going on (new siding, anyone?), life happening, and all the gossip news that, at least for this year, will be written down for history to take note of and perhaps learn from.

Other resolutions remain the property of me and me alone.   If I succeed at them, the year's end will make note of that too, and then we can revel together in my resoluteness.

We'll see how far I get, but if the notion that the way to you spend new year's day is the way you'll spend your year, then maybe I can affect the outcome on purpose and with reason and not let simple fate rule.  A post a day, just like it's 2005 all over again.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Middle Girl said...

The luck, it is wished. Will be happy to read, whatever the output. :-)

db grin said...

Comments shall abound!

rennratt said...

Yes! I look forward to reading and commenting here! [And, perhaps, to begin posting again myself.]