Friday, August 26, 2011

Is it tomorrow yet?

I'm not really sure why people expect me to make good on promises to write a post on a specific day (*ahem* LL). I am a faceless blort of internet to many of you, an IP address with no real identity beyond the blonde young thing in the header who doesn't even really look like me except for those misguided days of Sun-In and Body Perms back in the early '80s.

Seriously, the '80's also involved mullets, neon socks, bandanas around rock stars' ankles, Bowie and Jagger in bed together (that WAS the '80's, right?) and many other short-lived and incredible fads. The only thing that could make ol Header Gal up there more '80's would be if she was wearing multiple Izod shirts and an add-a-bead necklace.

So, what?

Where was I?

Oh, yes. How I don't look like that girl up there and so if you were looking for someone like her to blame for inconsistent posting, you'd likely be yelling at someone else, not me. So don't do that.

Also, keep the aspersion-casting away from my actual self, as even if I do say 'see you tomorrow' I probably think it's tomorrow already and really mean 'see you the day after that' or 'sometime soon' instead of the actual 'tomorrow.' I am getting old, and time is starting to lose its meaning.

In case you were curious, THIS is what I looked like in the early '80s (at least part of them):


Fried, bleached hair? Check
Preppy button-down? Check
Arms tanned from hours in the sun with only baby oil between them and harmful UV rays? Check!
Awesome retro wallpaper? Check.
Gold chain? Check!

All that picture needs is a Pappgallo clutch and it would be nearly perfect.

This post has no point.

In case you were wondering.

----

Time to go stare anxiously at the track of hurricane Irene and think about the implications of not further battening things.

A paint can in a 40-MPH wind burst. How much harm could it possibly do?

Tiff out.

No comments: