OK - found this little box of gems over at Middle Girl's place (and sorry but Blogger won't let me link anything right now, NOR will it let me format text, the bastard), and felt called to respond to the questions rather than doing something rancorous like finishing up the hugegumbo project I have going on at work that's been looming over my conscience lo these past many weeks with the fetid hot breath of a thing that could very well kill off my career if I don't do it properly:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? How much I wish ‘bed head’ could be an acceptable look for work.
2. How much cash do you have on you? None. No pocket Tuesday!.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with Door? More. Or. Ore. Drawer. None of which are speelt like ‘door.’ English is a funny language.
4. Favorite planet? Oh, I don't know. How about EARTH?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Without looking, I’d bet Prez Obama. Hey – let a girl dream.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Something ‘cha cha.’
7. What shirt are you wearing? A blue hippie thing from Deva.
8. Do you label yourself? I hate labels. They’re scratchy.
9. Name the brand of shoes you’re currently wearing? “High Lights.” Some way off brand from Payless, no doubt.
10. Bright or dark room? Bright. Lots of sunlight please, which is why I knocked a wall out of my cubikcull.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think she’s pretty cool, and if we lived in the same area I’d totally be having her over for cocktails.
12. What does your watch look like? Invisible.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Creeping around my house taking inventory of how many pieces of cat food were in the tub and rubbing my hips with apple butter.
No wait – that was a dream. So, I guess I was sleeping.
14. What did your last text message received on your cell say? Love u
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Has to be somplace in Raleigh – 10 or so miles from the Tiny House. Not so much with the 7-11’s down here, but we have many Sheetz.
16. What is a word that you say a lot? Love
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Biff
18. Last furry thing you touched? Me. (Side note to self: remember to shave FEET if you're going to wear these same shoes again soon. The light glinting off the quarter-inch-long hairs is not a look for the corporate board room.)
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? A multivitamin for ladies of a certain age, and enough bourbon to thwart any sane plans for losing weight.
20. How many rolls of file do you need developed? OK – this question makes no sense at all. “Rolls of file?” "need developed"?
21. Favorite age you have been so far? Now is good insofar as self-esteem and confidence go, but body-wise I’d say take me back to 23 please, and STAT.
22. Your worst enemy? Laziness
23. What is your current desktop picture? A plaid I made on some computer-generated tartan program.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? Bye
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? I’d take the money at this point. Paying off all my debts and investing for the future with the rest would life a huge weight off my shoulders and make me FEEL like I was flying.
26. Do you like someone? No, I hate everyone. I’m a card-wielding curmudgeon, now get off my lawn you stinking kids!
27. What is the last song you listened to? That annoyingly catchy church song that will NOT leave my head, even though I only know about two lines total.
28. What time of day were you born? 2:20 p.m.
29. Favorite number? I hold no predjudice against any number.
30. Where did you live in 1987? Harrisonburg, Virginia. Poultry Capital of the World at one time.
31. Are you jealous of anyone? No. Some time ago I gave it up as a waste of time and too obvious a sign of my own insecurities.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Now how on earth would I know that?
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? At work. What a dreadful time.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Walk away.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? I guess so, but my inner 4-year-old would just LOVE to be able to be bossy and bitchy much more often than I am.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? How about on my right ankle, or maybe at the base of my neck? Because that’s where mine are. If I were to get another one (and that day is coming), it would be on my left ankle. For symmetry, you know.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? French. You could probably say 'bite me' in French and it'd sound lovely.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? I have done, many times. Why, just last night I shifted over on the couch to make more room for him!
39. Are you touchy feely? No, except with the inhabitants of the Tiny House.
40. What is your life motto? "I'll do it tomorrow."
41. Name three things you have on you at all times? Skin, hair, mascara.
42. What is your favorite town/city? Maybe Boston.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Bourbon.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Last week – wedding thank-notes at last!
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? That he’s on Facebook.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? By memory, two generations. On paper, probably 4 or 5.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I wore a dress with a tan underlayer and a black lace overlayer with matching lace shrug, black pumps, and glittery earrings. I dressed up for my wedding. THought that would be approrpiate.
49. Does anything on your body hurtnow? My left calf. I know. Weird.
50. Have you been burned by love? Heartburn or rug burn? OK - Yes to both.
There. That's done. I'm off to find something else with which to continue procrastinating. Y'all have a lovely day!