Thursday, October 09, 2008

And this is why they won't let me near the sharp knives

A little brain-teasing for you today, courtesy of my buddy Puff, who is one of my oldest and dearest friends, even though she abandoned life in the US for the excitement of Europe long ago and vows to never come back. Something about the chocolate, I think.


Even though she revels in her ex-pat status (and why ever not? it sounds so cool!), she still deigns to communicate with the natives on this side of the pond. Thank goodness for e-mail! The latest salvos have contained some very interesting tests, two of which I will share with y'all today. Be prepared to be brain-teased, and quite possibly to learn something about yourself.


First, find the man in this picture. The text that came with this image states that :Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, the right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, the right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowl y and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes, the advice is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger!!!

Let's just say that the ONLY way I found the man was when Puff sent back the image with him CIRCLED. She, bless her, found him in under three seconds. Showoff.

Then, clicky-click on this link and watch the pretty dancer spin. In what direction is she spinning? Clockwise? Counter-clockwise? For me, it's counter-clockwise all the way, no matter HOW hard I want her to go the other way. When I'm on the verge of maybe seeing her go clockwise, my brain overrides any contrary impulse and turns her back around. So. Very. Frustrating!

So,what does this mean? My completely unscientific (yet totally rational) interpretation is that it means the right half of my brain is, for all intents and purposes, dead. That's rather an unpleasant surprise, but one I suppose I'll have to live with. It would explain why my left eye is far weaker than my right one, I guess, but not why I have so many right-brained traits ('fantasy-based,' anyone?).

How'd YOU do?

===================================

Woke up at 4:30 this morning in order to be on time to take a friend to the airport. 4:30 a.m. is NO time to be awake, unless there's a baby in the house that needs tendin' to.

By 6 a.m. I was at work, and now at almost 7 I'm feeling the need for a nap. Too bad there are 8 hours between me and that possibility, huh?

Therefore, I'm off to get me a cupla shots of 'expresso' from the Flavia-maker-mabob to prop my eyes open. Here's hoping it works.

Y'all? Have a wonderful day.

No comments: