Thursday, August 07, 2008

My kind of day

It's 10 a.m., I'm in my PJs sitting at the kitchen table staring at a pile of dishes in the sink, and so far this morning I've edited a document, arranged a meeting, e-mailed a trial director, and responded to a meeting invite.

Working at home rocks major gonads, y'all.

================================

Whilst driivng the Things to school this morning we saw a woman who looked exactly like Professor Bunsen Honeydew would if he was an elderly lady.



Man I loved that show.

==================================

The reason I'm working at home today is so exciting (which I first typed as "sexciting." Ahem) I'm not sure I can stand it. Are you ready for this?

The HVAC guy is coming for an inspection of The Unit. I have high hopes that the inspection and cleaning will cause the AC to put out for-realz cold air.

To add to the teeth-chattering awesomeness of that, the cable guy is ALSO coming this afternoon to install an actual landline at the Tiny House. Now, that, my friends, is high-grade excitement, for unless you've had the chance to talk to me while I'm at home, you don't know of the vagaries of the cell phone service anywhere in the vicinity of the Tiny House, and so couldn't know that reception is as mercurial as a a teenage girl's moods. Putting it bluntly, it SUCKS.

So, the advent of actual reliable phone service is kind of nice. No more dropped calls, no more 'shoutin' down a well' sound quality, no more frustrations when trying to chat up friends and relatives. My gosh, who knew that retro-techhing could bring such happiness?

===========================

And no, I'm not working at home because of that whole license thing from yesterday, but it doesn't hurt to stay put until that whole mess is straightened out.

Heh - about 5 minutes after I posted yesterday, I did get a call from the insurance guy's office.

Yup, a phone call. From his MOM. Who is looking after things while he's at a conference.

I have a great deal of confidence in having my issues taken care of correctly. Not.

===========================

Y'all have a great one. I'm going to grab another cuppa joe, read a few more e-mails, and get ready for a telecon.

Which I'll attend in my PAJAMAS. Whee!

No comments: