I blame Evil Twin's Wife for this entire post. She started it. Don't look at ME. I had nothing to do with it. Huh-uh! Nothing! So there!
Yes folks, it's the Five Things Meme once again. And once again, as I introspect (a new verb, people. Use it today!), it becomes clear that I really don't keep a whole lot of things about myself a real huge secret here. However, I shall try to come up with 5 things about me that you 1) might find interesting, 2) haven't been said before, and 3) are true.
Let us begin.
1) Back in high school, I was a "participating artist" for a schoolwide open house. I was to spend 2 hours sketching a cow skull. Being as how most of my art is prepared in less than 10 minutes, this was an inordinately long time to spend on one piece. Turned out pretty darned good.....go figure.
2) Any day now the ex and I can go to the county court and file my divorce papers. It's been a little over a year since I decided to move out. Such a big year. I don't talk about that part of my life here much, because I do not want NAY to turn into some huge exposition of the more difficult parts of my personal life. After a year of separation, I'm happy to say that things have gone very well indeed My thanks go out to the ex for this. It could have been very ugly, and never even got close.
3) Even though I was a lifeguard, I fear death by drowning the most.
4) As a corollary to point 3, it bothers me greatly that Thing 1 is not a very good swimmer. Boy simply does not have enough meat on his bones to float. Things 2, on the other hand, is good in the water. He surprised the heck out of me last year when he jumped right into the deep end of a swimming pool and bobbed right up. What relief.
5) It has become apparent to me that if I were in a rock band, I would HAVE to be the drummer. I'm not coordinated enough to run around the stage like the singer, I can't play the guitar worth a damn, and even though being the bass player LOOKS cool, I'd still have an overwhelming urge to bash the cymbals, and so it's drumming for me. That, and you get to sit down for the show....and that appeals to me too.
So, there ya go. Five true things of moderate interest. I did it!
And now, as a fun-ish kind of way to tag you, I'm going to go to some of y'all's blogs and tell you in your comments you're tagged for this. Look for me at a blog near YOU.