Monday, February 04, 2008

The Spinach is an Excuse

Let me get this posted right now in the aye-em, so as y'all get to salivating early. I don't care if you HATE spinach, you will LOVE this daggone casserole/artery clogger. Truly the spinach is the merest of excuses to eat the rest of what's in this dish...

You'll need:

1 bag frozen chopped spinach (or 2 boxes)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup bacon bits
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup shredded Parmesean

Mix all ingredients in casserole dish, sprinkle with 2 TBSP Parm, bake at 350 for 30 minutes until ooey-gooey and brownly bubbly.

(Note: I used lowfat cream cheese and Parm dust in the green can, and it still turned out luscious beyond all reasoning. Also - 'Bacos' rock this dish, HARD)

=========================

Tennis twice this weekend.

Ow.

It's been YEARS since I played tennis, and yet the serve I worked so hard to master seems to have been a retained skill. The ONLY retained skill, but one of which I am very proud. Really, most of the 'tennis' was spent running after missed balls, which was great for my 'bending over' muscles, which apparently needed a workout, because, again I say OW.

The Things have their own raquets now, and are learning to play. It's hard to tell a 10-year-old about the physics of the swing, particularly when the 10-year-old is a perfectionist and HATES to struggle with anything, but in the end, once the first serve went over the net and into the box correctly, Thing 2 brightened considerably and gained a new head of steam for learning the game. Thing 1 has the serve and the hand-eye coordination his brother lacks, but is a wild swing. All will come in time, I'm sure, and at that point they will take much glee in whipping my middle-aged ass in the sport of gentlefolk.

==========================

More training today. In 13 minutes. I must go. More later, perhaps, though today promises to be extraordinarily busy.

Be well, y'all, and have a lovely Monday.

No comments: