Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cop Out Post

This is close to a copout post, because I'm including a forwarded joke and a shill for a new product. Hey, at least it's not a Meeemee!

Also, before we get started, I have no IDEA what the heck is going on with Haloscan. Something's wonky in comment-town, but if you refresh the comment screen it's likely you'll see comments left by those before you,even if it appears that nobody has commented yet. Technology - sheesh!

=======================

First, the shill.

At the WalMart the other day, I bought me some new kind of face powder. This is rather big news here, because for years and years I've been a Cover Girl girl. However, I was losing faith in the Cover Girl because, well, I was not looking so much like a cover girl as I'd like to, and the makeup had a distinct lack of coverage and staying power.

(Let it be said right here that I do not wear "foundation" of any kind. Even the concealer I use for the effing dark under-eye circles I've got going on is rather a stretch for me. Therefore, before I even set foot in the beauty products aisle I've got condundra heaped on conundra as to possible makeup choices. Whatever.)

The WalMart carries rather a wide selection of beauty aides, particularly for someone like me who frequents that section of the store on a very limited basis ("limited frequenting"? Huh). It was nearly mind-boggling. The Physician's Formula display caught my eye. I'd been toying with the idea of 'mineral' makeup for some time, because the infomercials sure make it look like it can work miracles. I bit the ten dollar bullet and bought some loose powder (for sensitive skin, no less!) that looked fun and promising.

Can I just say that I'm now kicking my own ass for WAITING SO LONG TO TRY THIS STUFF?????? My goodness, the coverage is super, the color is perfect, the feel is sheer and light, the look is glowy and natural.

I'm a big fan.

========================

Now for the joke:

Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on the computer. They had been going at it for days, and frankly God was tired of hearing all the bickering.


Finally fed up, God said, "THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run for two hours, and from those results, I will judge who does the better job."


So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away.


They moused.
They faxed.
They e-mailed.
They e-mailed with attachments.
They downloaded.
They did spreadsheets.
They wrote reports.
They created labels and cards.
They created charts and graphs.


Jesus worked with heavenly efficiency and Satan was faster than hell.


Then, ten minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power went off.


Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld.


Jesus just sighed.


Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming: "It's gone! It's all GONE! "I lost everything when the power went out!"


Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours of work.


Satan observed this and became irate. "Wait!" he screamed. "That's not fair! He cheated! How come he has all his work and I don't have any?"


God just shrugged and said,


JESUS SAVES

===============================


Finally, today is THE BIG DAY over at Kaplyinc. Tracy's birthday is today, and it's a very exciting time! Yay Tracy Lynn! Congratulations!

Y'all go on over there and ask for cake, OK?

See you back here tomorrow.

No comments: