Thursday, August 16, 2007

At this rate, I'm going to jingle soon

'Cuz I got tagged again by my buddy Sparky Duck. Yay!

(get it? lotsa tags = jingle? Like a dog's collar? Yes? Hello?)

Here goes, first with the rules and then with the answers and THEN with the tags.

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts. (author's note: check)

2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. (author's note: check)

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog. (author's not: at the time of publication, it's yes to the first, no to the second... yet)

------------------------------------

So, that means 3 folks will get tagged (because, yes, my middle name has three letters). Ooooh, who will it be? Aren't we all a-twitter with anticipation? Can we hardly WAIT to see who gets the nod today? Isn't it much like the moment of envelope-opening at the Academy Awards?

I should think so!

But foist, more about me.

L - Lazy. Horrifically so. However, it's an undercover laziness, a LONGING to be lazy, mostly. My house isn't a mess, I keep the dishes washed, the clothes clean, etc., etc., but in my HEART I'm wanting to hang out and read a book, take a nap, watch about 5 hours of cartoons, or lay in the backyard thinking about how clouds form. Let's not even go into the ways I've devised to creatively loaf at work....I could teach classes in procrastination, much to my everlasting shame.

E - eager? empathetic? easy? energizing? everlovin? evil? Are these things FACTS, or opinions? Gah. I'm already stuck and I've got a whole other E to go here. E, e, e, fact. Come on, brain!

Oh wait - I've got a good one: EAVESDROPPER. Oh
yes. I'm one of those people who, if you're sharing a meal in a public place with me, will stop paying attention to you (sorry, in advance) and focus intently on the conversation going on behind me if some trigger word (sex, death, cursing) hits my ear. I seem to not me able to help it - I believe this goes along with my inability to think if the radio is on, or to study if someone is talking in the background. I'm sure there's a diagnosis for this problem, some kind of attention deficit something or another, and I sure wish I WASN'T this way, but there you go. Me = a Nosy McEavesdropper, and that's the truth. Now, what was it you were saying?

E - educator. Wow, after all the angst of the first "e," THIS was easy.

Totally true fact: I was once a certified, bona fide, washed and dried high school biology teacher. I did my student teaching and said "oh HELL no" then went to grad school, where I taught for the next three years. Why did I say "oh hell no" you ask? Well, it's because I was 22 years old and knew after 8 weeks of the day-in and day-out of the hard work that is teaching that there was no way on this green Earth that I was responsible enough to take the reins of several classes worth of teenaged students and teach them biology. No way at all. Oh, I would have started out strong, but somewhere around Thanksgiving I know I would have pooped out and started to devolve into a "filmstrip teacher," and I did not want that. Soooo, I eased into grad school, taught Bio 101 labs for a year then moved on to teaching Microbiology to the nursing and premed students, and had a grand old time. The teaching bug still bites me from time to time - I love doing training at work and making complicated things easy to understand. But yeah, but for a momentary blast of self-awareness as a very young woman, I might be writing this to you from the front of a classroom, anticipating my imminent retirement.


------------------------------

I'll now give you three guesses as to what my middle name is.

C'mon y'all. Really.

The first one to guess WHY it's my middle name gets the junior private eye award, because I just so happen to have one in my back pocket (along with a crumbled pack of thin mints, the false passport of a Cuban national named Jeanette McGillucuddy, some thumbtacks, and the nostril hairs of an Asian elephant that once tried to bitch slap me. It can be difficult to sit down at times) and I feel the need to lighten the load a little bit.

And now, the tags:

Wordnerd


Utenzi

Redneck Scottsdale Princess

I'd tag a whole BUNCH more of y'all, but my middle name is way too short for that. HOWEVER, there's nothing in the rules to say that this can't be an "open house" play-along, is that? If ya wanna, go for it, but please tell me you did, because I'd LOVE to know more about you.

-------------------------------

Weather forecast today: 101 degrees. No rain in sight. I'm pretty sure I can hear my brain bubbling.

No comments: