Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Weirdness

There's a person across the hall from me who has two clocks on her wall.

Both set to the same time.

Neither of which works.

I keep thinking it's 10:10, all day long.

She's messing with my mind, and I don't much care for it.

--------------------------------------

Truckers like to beep at women who drive around with one leg up on the dashboard while wearing a short skirt.

Some of them even keep up the pace with that woman for miles and miles, even after she's put her foot down on the floor and hiked the skirt down over her knees.

----------------------------------------

People are, by and large, much more creative and talented than most of us given them credit for. Why not ask someone you're acquainted with what they do for a hobby, or what they were involved in when they were kids? You might find out some interesting stuff.

For example, it just was reminded to me this weekend that I once had a captain's license for small powered watercraft. Totally forgot I took the course until the subject of boats came up. I can navigate and plot courses and know what channel markers mean and which lighthouses have what signals (LI Sound only).

Doesn't mean I ever got to DRIVE the boat for which I took the course, but I can crew with understanding.

--------------------------------------

When crabs molt, their digestive system goes with it. Therefore it's possible (and delicious) to batter a just-molted crab, fry it, and eat the whole thing in a sammich. Preferably with cole slaw and fries. And Tabasco. And Old Bay.

Yum.

----------------------------------------

Carpet guys are supposed to come for the house today. I am at turns excited and nervous. What if I hate it? I can't wait to see what it looks like. Will they have the right stuff? I can't wait to have it done so I can move in. Did I choose the right color?

Once it's done I can tick one more thing of the prep list, leaving only a brazilian more things to get done before Sunday, which is when I need to be out of the apartment and into the Tiny House.

Patio furniture.....must buy some of that.

--------------------------------------------

QotD - what things did YOU do as a kid that people wouldn't guess of you now? Were you an Eagle Scout or stoner? Were you a member of the church choir or did you run a bicycle repair biz? Did you raise calves for 4H or wash the windows of limosines on 42nd street for spare change?

Tell us about it, won't you?

Over and out for now. Much too much to do, and very little time in which to get it done. Why should today be any different?

No comments: