Tiny little pissed-off workermen are tromping around in my brain, making me wish for rain in Spain and a Valium on a plane. What a pain. It's plain I need to remain as sane as I cain (ahem) without strain.
In cases like this (read: in cases of headachery accompanied by shitty poetry passing as prose) it's always handy to have a meme (interview, internet game, whatever you want to call them) or three a-waiting to be done so that the brain in pain doesn't have to fan the flame of creativity all so very much. And y'all, even though I'm an avowed pyromaniac and therefore love all things flame-fannery, the thought of fires and hotness and burning right now only serve to remind me of the cinder-belching furnace that is nested firmly somewhere right.behind.my.eyes and is making me wish for a trephanning kit.
Onward then. To something foisted upon me by one sparky duck, a most erudite fowl indeed.
(Stories of being voted leader of the Dork Club (by my children!) and surprise emetic events, as well as furniture moving and the experience of the perfect temperature will have to wait until such time as I can to them what justice they deserve, little as it may be.)
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Recovering from a c-section. Wondering how little sleep I really needed. Nursing a newborn while trying to keep up wtih a toddler. Waiting for post-partum depsression to set it like it did after Thing 1's birth. Wondering why the daggone varicose veins in my left leg HURT so damned much and made it feel like the inside of knee was on fire. Come to find out, I had superficial venous thromboses. Ow. The story of THAT episode is one for another day.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Getting ready to close on a new house. This was our third house, and was to be our last. Ah well.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Tortilla chips
2. Refried beans
3. Peanut M&Ms
5. Reduced-fat Wheat Thins. I suppose it's not that great to eat a whole box at one sitting, but I simply count that as dinner and move on.
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. Mary had a little lamb
2. Beethoven's Seventh Symphony
3. All The Way - Indigo Girls
4. We're in this love together - All Jarreau
5. The Doxology
Frankly, I'm usually more interested in the tune than in the words. I "mis-know" the words to a gazillionty songs, but I suppose that doesn't count.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Say buh-bye to debt
2. Fund college for the Things
3. Travel travel travel
4. Contribute to mostly any fund that provides small monies for impoverished women to start small businesses as well as any fund that sees to it that war is eradicated for good and all, amen pass the plate.
5. Buy only realllllllllllllllly good bourbon from that point on.
Five bad habits:
1. cheap bourbon
3. hitting "snooze" way too many times
4. conflict avoidance
5. having a biiiiiiiig mouth
Five (g-rated) things you like doing:
2. Reading all sorts of books
(note: items 1 through 3 are tied for first)
4. Visiting a new place or location
5. Hanging out with the Things
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Maternity anything
2. The pink overalls I thought were so cute back in the day
3. Most any underwear
5. Uncomfortable shoes. Life is simply too short.
Five favorite (g-rated) toys:
2. Cell Phone
3. My imaginary motorcycle
4. KitchenAid mixer. Y'all, if you don't have one, you have NO idea
5. Immersion blender
There! Ba-da-BING, a post is done! Don't we all feel better now?
And now for the important stuff...
The blog chain that got this here.........If you participate, remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:
-Dogs Eye View
-Inside Mo's Mind
-One Gal's Musing
- No Accent Yet
THEN! THEN comes the big payoff - the tag.
Apparently it's now a rule that all memes and not-memes have to include a little happy funtime action, which means TAGGING, and not the kind where brightly colored plastic strips are affixed to a body part of the tagged for purposes of tracking and identification. Nope, I'm talking about the "tag you're it" kind of tagging, which shall now commence thusly:
1) You over there in the blue shirt and wrinkly trousers
2) You in the green hat and Carharts
3) um - You there wearing the "PEDRO FOR PRESIDENT" tee and sportin' a mullet
4) The fellow in the back who looks a tiny bit like Garrison Keillor and who is waving frantically at me, yes sir, you too,
5) anyone who dares to comment hereon.
Heh - I predict a dearth of commentitude, just because of number 5 there. Let's see if I earn my Junior Nostradamus badge for THAT little gem.