Sunday, January 07, 2007

NOT a meme.

Tagged by Biff Spiffy, a charming and sneaky fellow, posting this on the weekend. Therefore, I return the favor.

1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
Yep - after going through several iterations using Blogger's free templates, I paid Daisy Mae a small sum of money to design this look. At first I was going for a "hippie chick" feel, but once the graphic displayed so prominently in the banner popped up, I knew this was 'the one."

As to content - I like it, because I wrote it, and it's my life. What the heck am I supposed to say "GOD NO! I HATE my blog, it fills me with self-loathing and the feeling that my feet are damp and chilly. It gives me the leaping heebie jeebies to look at it and every night I stare at myself in the smeary bathroom mirror imagining my own death for having the utter gall to publish such inconsequential ordure!" Jeez - whoever wrote this question should NOT be applying for a position with the Gallup people anytime soon.

2-Does your family know about your blog?
Yeah - but none of them read it unless I ask them to. You'd think they'd WANT to, being as how I'm such a crappy communicator with them otherwise, but NoooOOOooo, they're not coming around at all.

3-Can you tell your friends about your blog?
Yes, and I have. They don't come around much either........hinthinthinthint.......

4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?
Yes.

5-Did your blog positively affect your mind?

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.........without it there no telling how nutso I'd be by now.


6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean?

Everything, and nothing at the same time. I go through periods in which I WANT tons of people to come by and read and adore, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with how this thing runs along. Of course, THRONGS of visitors wouldn't be a bad thing; certainly it would be better than a slap in the face with a wet herring.


7-Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?

They are all spectacularly good looking, of this I'm sure. Ask me how I know.


8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
Um, yeah. See #5. I'm serious.

9-Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
No. That's what WoW is for.


10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
a)They don't scare me.
b)Avoid. big time.

11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
Who would do something like THAT? That's like saying someone's opinion is wrong.

12-Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?
Yep. Am trying to figure out a notification plan, for, you know, 50 years from now, when I expect to be thinking about dying someday.


13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

I suppose that, if pressed, I'd have to credit The WVSR with creating a HUGE impression on me, because that's how I got into blogging in the first place. I saw this community of people and wanted to be part of it in some way, and launched myself out there in Oct 05. Since then I've met so many other wonderful people who blog in so many different ways that it would be impossible and unfair to categorize them.

See my blogroll for most of the people I visit regularly and who impress me on a consistent basis. They're there for a reason.

14-Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
I refuse to answer, on the grounds that it might make them sad and doubt the veracity of their existence.

15-Name a song you want to listen to?
"Your Eyes" I don't know why.

No comments: