Monday, December 04, 2006

Change in plans, but it's all good

Well, there were supposed to be stories here today. Stories of doom and gloom and mayhem and murder, but things changed.

I'll wait while you collect yourselves from that shocking disappointment.

You over it yet?

Good, because, as always, my head is full of nonsense that needs to be evicted. Y'all are the lucky recipients of that nonsense! Yay for nonsense!

=======================

There's a convenience store near me that has the following on the sign out front:

Propane Refills
Now Hiring
Biscuits in A.M.

So, do the empty tanks hire the sausage gravy in the p.m.?

One wonders.

=======================

I don't think it's possible to kill a philodendron. I have one in my office that went without water for 2 weeks; to the point that it's leaves were floppy and foldable. A little bit of water later and BLAM! It was back to full power.

(In my defense, I didn't purposely NOT water it for two weeks. I was moving offices and didn't get back to where the plant lived for a little. It's not like it was sitting on my desk and I watched it dessicate little by little over a period of time, like some evil science experiment performed by a twisted cruel botanist waiting to record the final death bleat of an ordinary houseplant. Gee, give me some credit here! I was just lazy!)

Anyhow, I don't think it's possible to kill one. I have never seen it happen. Have you?

============================

Which kind of reminds me. What happened to the girl who played Seymour's love interest in the movie version of "Little Shop of Horrors"? The one with the incredible figure and great voice?

Ellen Green. That was her name. Played Audrey. Won a Tony in '77.

Seemed to disappear after that. Too bad, really.

===========================

Note to self: If you're going to spend a good chunk of the evening cocktailing, why not try having a bite to eat and drinking a little WATER too!

Needless to say, this is not the best of Monday mornings. 2 cups of decaf coffee and about 4 trips to the water fountain, and I still don't have to pee.

Oopsie!

==========================

So, now you know I'm a plant-torturing bourbon-swilling desert of a woman who has a thing for Ellen Green's rack and who makes up stories about inanimate objects doing managerial work at a gas-n-go.

Aren't you glad you stopped by today?

Don't you wish I'd posted the doom-and-gloom stories instead?

Yeah, me too.

No comments: