Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hear me!

OMG, y'all. I am so proud. I have birthed my very FIRST audioblogger post!!! My thanks to the great and powerful Hyperion, who gave me the idea nd guidance on how to git 'er dun. Mwah!

(just click on the button to hear me and my fake Southern accent talk to you)

this is an audio post - click to play

It's uh, pretty rough, and is mostly like an AD for AUDIOBLOGGER, because I was lame enough to NOT have anything READY to post, but shoot, it worked, and now I'm all "hey man, I'm all THAT and a side of fries" about this thang.

I know, the thrill is probably only mine alone, but you know, that's cool. It's good to thrill yourself every once in a while.

================

Update - it's a daggone good thing that I did the audio thing before I took my horse pills of wonder and power, because now one of them is lodged in the back of my throat (or so it seems), and I feel like I'm going to heave at any moment.

Bleah - the supplements are supposed to quell my appetite, but make me want to hurl? That's a little extreme, don't you think?

==================

Update-Update - a quick thing, really. You do NOT need a microphone to audioblog. You just need a phone-phone. A regular phone. You do have one of those, right? Then, you're all set! Audioblogger gives you a phone number to call, you speak your message of great import and influence, and BOOM, once you accept the message as good enough to be distributed, it gets posted to your website.

A-flipping-mazing!

I do recommend you plan to have something to say. Unlike me.

20 comments:

tiff said...

Aw, c'mon,,,,please??

Hmph.

Beth said...

You do have an accent. LOL I have a hard enough time posting, but maybe one of these days ... I'll audio post.

tiff said...

tiff - it's for show only. I can have as flat a vocal affect as an illinois newscaster if I put my mind to it, but this honey-soaked thing was a little over-the-top, even for me. :>

Yes, audioposting is the next wave!

Hyperion said...

Tiff, you'd make an awful bank.....

tiff said...

hyp - if only I knew what you meant by that

tiff said...

I was not dissing them, kapgar. I was, perhaps, a little vague on my reasoning for putting in that p articular description, but it's because that's something that I was told to strive for when I first started in radio. People don't want to hear accents, or so I was told.

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a Texan aunt who has a WAY southern accent (all her i's are looong.) She used to work for a branch of American airlines that tracked packages. Many, many people would call her and try to get her to talk for a long time just to hear her Southern Belle thing going on. The crazy thing is, I pick up the long i's when I'm around her for too long! Where the heck did that iiiiced tea and niiight liiight come from?

Hyperion said...

What I mean by that is that a bank usually gives credit!!!!!

tiff said...

hov - from a nice warm place, that's what. :>

hyp - fine, ya big baby. I'll amend the post.

mr. schprock said...

Tiff, you sound awesome! Here is a case of personality in writing matching personality in voice. It's a real thrill to hear you!

Anonymous said...

OMG you sound just like I always "heard" you sound in your posts. Does that make sense? Don't expect to hear me very soon, though...my voice tends to sound like I inhaled helium and besides, my southern syllables would be sooooooooooooooo draaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnn ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt...

rennratt said...

Very cool. You could SO sell this as a commercial for blogger!

Tracy Lynn said...

I'd love to do audio but lack a microphone...hmm, must think on this.

Shari said...

I might just have to try this. But I don't have an accent. And I'm terrible at imitation.

This is cool! Thanks!

Jess Riley said...

Tiff, you have such a soothing voice! You could totally do voiceover work. :)

I'm afraid to hook myself up with AB: a whole new venue in which to make an ass of myself.

Chelle said...

Do I have to do the accent? Granted I can - I just try not to because I might become permanent.

tiff said...

Mr S - Rennratt can tell you I write just like I talk. DOn't know if that's a good or a ad thing!

WN - I'm sure you would stun us with the southern drawl of power. C'mon, do it!

TL - all you need is a phone! So cool.

Shari - No accent required. I just realized after I did the post that I was puttin on a southern thang, which I have a little of but not that much, for petes sake. The next one I do I'll try some OTHER weird accent, I'm sure.

Jess - you flatter me! I DID do some radio work a number of years back (as an announcer for a classical music station, so totally smoking hot rocking going on there), which was one of my "most fun jobs ever'! Would be great fun to do it again.

mmm3 - it might help you realize why you love the south and make you wnat to come baaaack forever!

tiff said...

"Good or BAD" thing would work too.

All the enthusiasm in the world won't make me a better typist, y'all.

Hyperion said...

Hyperion is mollified.

tiff said...

kap - ah, so. this is your wit. I must get used to this, I suppose.

hyp - I am pleased beyond words.