Friday, April 14, 2006

Too good not to have its own entry

Oh, beauties, I've been waiting for a story like this one to come along for a very long time...

Emerging volcano has its own moat of death.

The "moat of death," people! I envision boiling sulfurous sea water, like a giant fondue pot, awaiting any creature rash enough to dare breach its boundaries!

Imagine, the ubiquitous french-accented voice that accompanied the undersea adventure films of the '70's (yes, THAT voice!) describing the following scene of pathos:

"Ze newly hatched shreemp, unfortunate preezoners of ze ocean tides, are carried dahnzherously close to ze growing undersea volcano and eets moat of death. Ze tiny crustaceans' chemoreceptors alert zem to ze eencreased submantle parteeculates in ze water, and ze rapidly increasing heat sends alarms to zeir preemiteeve neural system to flee before ze dahnzher eez upon zem. Een vain, ze transluscent newborn arthropods try to escape, but ze onrush of ze deep ocean current rushes zem up ze sides of ze black submerzhed mountain, to ze hot and odeeferous dess-pot zat awaits..."

Mmmm, moaty underwater carnage, and shrimp. That's enough to make my day, right there.

================================

Can you tell I have the day off?

================================

Hey ya'll, have an enjoyable weekend - I'll be back on Monday after stuffing myself with hardboiled eggs and chocolate.

That reminds me - I need to get TP at the grocery store. Can't be too careful, you know.

5 comments:

rennratt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rennratt said...

Duh. I posted and it made no sense. Let's try it again:

Please tell me that the hard boiled eggs and CHOCOLATE won't be eaten together.

mr. schprock said...

Mmmmmm, how appetizing! Next time I'm at the seafood reataurant, I'll order the Moat of Death with a garden salad on the side.

tiff said...

Renn - no, they won't get eaten together. Maybe if they're chocolate EGGS,,,,,

Mr Schprock - fine idea. Make sure they're seared greens. :>

Anonymous said...

Renn -- I think that sounds like a lovely combination. Happy Easter to all!